On May 7th, the Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network (YPN) celebrated its tenth anniversary and welcomed a new set of leaders at the organization’s Annual Meeting and Anniversary Celebration. Along with new co-leads entering their positions, members also elected Stacey Thomas, a Bismarck native and YPN entrepreneur team co-lead, as the next vice president.
“I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve the YPN,” said Thomas. “The network has a strong history and a bright future. I am looking forward to working together and continuing to offer exceptional opportunities for leadership development, community service and networking for our members.”
Stacey, a client relations specialist at Specialized Cleaning & Restoration, will serve one year as vice president before assuming the role of president. TJ Jerke, a contract lobbyist, took over as president at the event, while Heather Welle, a realtor at Trademark Realty, moved from president to chairwoman of the network.
Along with the changes to the executive leadership, the YPN’s teams welcomed new co-leads, who serve two-year offset terms with one co-lead vacating his or her position each year. The new co-leads are:
- Ambassador Team: Amber Jensen, marketing and operations manager at MSA United Way, joins Justin Thomas, insurance agent at Kramer Agency.
- Entrepreneurship Team: Chance Schmidt, financial services professional at New York Life joins Jerry Haas, surface acquisition manager at Houston Engineering, Inc.
- Marketing Team: Mariah Rittel, communications specialist at KLJ, joins Viva Lauinger, marketing specialist at Kupper Chevrolet.
- Professional Development Team: Stacy Schaffer, development officer at North Dakota Humanities Council, joins Miles Traiser, real time trader at Basin Electric Power Cooperative.
- Social Team: Megan Zerface, paralegal at Pearce & Durick, joins Mallory Westby, personal banker at Starion Financial.
- Service Team leaders will be decided at a later time.
The following outgoing leadership team members were recognized for service to the network:
Joe Fink for three years of service
Michael Quinn for two years of service
Carmen Banta for two years of service
Amanda Bakkedahl for two years of service
Jillian Lagasse for two years of service
Brent Little for one year of service
Alicia Miller for one year of service
YPN would like to thank Bismarck Mayor Seminary for joining us and speaking for a few minutes. A big thank you goes out to our event sponsor and network partner, MDU. Their sponsorship helped make the event a huge success with more than 90 attendees. Thank you to the Radisson for again hosting the YPN and being so accommodating. The emcee and entertainment for the night was provided by M.C. Inkster Party DJ. Thank you to him for the fun night!
This event was planned by a committee of co-leads and members. Thank you to Mallory Westby, Brent Little, Megan Zerface, Chance Schmidt, Josi Jenson, Matt Moen, and Reier Thompson for your hard work to make the event a success and to Viva Lauinger, Mariah Rittel, and Michael Quinn for all of the work on the marketing side for this event.
The Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network is thankful for the individual members and community support over the past ten years. The network is looking forward to another 10 years providing development and networking opportunities to young professionals, and giving back to the Bismarck-Mandan business and nonprofit community.