Website Bismarck Mandan Young Professionals Network
The Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network (YPN) is a non-profit organization of over 100 members, ages 21-39, with the mission to enhance the cultural, professional, service and social opportunities for young professionals in the Bismarck-Mandan area. The YPN is associated with the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber of Commerce.
Our Leadership Team (LT), the volunteers that govern the organization, consists of our Executive Team (Chairperson, President and Vice President), Secretary/Treasurer, Marketing Specialist, Partner Liaison Specialist, and six focus area Board Members (social, service, and professional development). As an organization, we host two to five events each month. At times there are also planning committee meetings that are open to the general membership.
The intern is a crucial role within the YPN as the rest of the organization is made up of strictly volunteers. The intern is tasked with the administrative duties of the YPN, but handles much of our marketing efforts, as well as, several other projects, which they are expected to provide updates on at the monthly meetings. This position is a great opportunity to gain real world experience, meet influential professionals in the community, build leadership skills, and cultivate new, innovative ideas for the YPN and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A lead project will be determined through collaboration of the intern and assigned mentors (Chairperson and Marketing Specialist).
- Attend monthly Leadership Team meetings and report progress of projects.
- Assist Marketing Specialist with preparation of the bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Update the YPN website as needed including articles, events, and images as requested.
- Design varies event graphics, write/proofread content, and assist with preparation of YPN Annual Report.
- Participate in an event planning committee to gain more knowledge of the Network.
- Attend YPN events on a regular basis and help as needed in event planning
- Mandatory events include Cinco Celebration (May), Membership Mixer (Fall), and Partner Luncheon (varies)
Qualifications – Required
- Pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Strong writing skills, not limited to press releases, articles, etc.
- Must be a self-driven individual
- A desire to improve your leadership skills
Qualifications – Preferred
- Graphic design experience, including knowledge of Canva
- Experience with Constant Contact and WordPress
- A strong knowledge of social media platforms
If interested, please send your resume and an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com