The Purpose: The YPN/Bismarck Rotary Club Mentorship Program brings experienced professionals together with young professionals in the Bismarck-Mandan community. This relationship helps fine tune young professionals’ skills while allowing experienced professionals to network with a different generation.
Who Can Participate? Any member of the YPN.
The Relationship: The relationship developed by the mentorship program will benefit both the mentor and the young professional. The mentor’s advice and guidance may help lead the young professional to a successful future, while the young professionals’ new ideas and point of view could add to the mentor’s already successful career. All will gain new prospective and great networking opportunities.
How it works:
- Attend Mentor Program functions
- Get together for a Mentor/ Mentee meeting at least once a month for six months
- Come prepared to meetings with questions or ideas
- Be open to new ideas
- Open communication allowing questions and differing opinions
- Give and receive advice related to career field based on past experience
Who are the Mentors? Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders, united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. The Bismarck Rotary Club has several hundred members who are all leaders within our community.
What will I gain from this program?
- Insights from the careers of experienced professionals
- Enhanced networks
- Information on career planning and tools to develop your career goals
- Greater awareness of career opportunities
- Increased communication skills and experience in working with teams
YP members must apply for this mentorship program, with a maximum of ten YP participants.
61 total views, 1 views today