On May 5th, the Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network (YPN) celebrated its ninth anniversary and welcomed a new set of leaders at the group’s annual Cinco de Mayo celebration. Along with new co-leads entering their positions, network members also elected TJ Jerke, a Watertown, SD native and YPN marketing team co-lead, as the its next vice president.
“I’m honored that the network elected me to fill this position,” said TJ, a University of South Dakota graduate who works as the campaign coordinator for Missouri Slope Areawide United Way. “The network is always evolving and I’m excited to help take the YPN to a whole new level.”
TJ will serve one year as vice president before assuming the role of president. Heather Welle, a financial professional at Solid Rock Financial Group, took over as president at the event, while Joe Fink, a mortgage consultant at Wells Fargo, moved from president to chairman of the network.
Along with the changes to the executive leadership, the YP Network’s teams welcomed new co-leads, who serve two-year offset terms with one co-lead vacating his or her position each year. The new co-leads are:
- Ambassador Team: Bryan Dean, marketing manager at Specialized Cleaning & Restoration, joins Amanda Bakkedahl, sales/marketing manager at the Bismarck Civic Center.
- Entrepreneurship Team: Stacy Thomas, client relations specialist at Specialized Cleaning & Restoration, joins Carmen Banta, assistant marketing manager at HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Marketing Team: Since TJ served as marketing team co-lead before his appointment as vice president, the incoming co-lead will be Chelsea Gleich, communications specialist for the North Dakota University System. She will join Michael Quinn, marketing consultant at Investment Centers of America, Inc.
- Professional Development Team: Miles Traiser, real time trader at Basin Electric Power Cooperative, joins Jillian Lagasse, marketing consultant at Investment Centers of America, Inc.
- Service Team: Scott Hanson, marketing specialist at the Missouri Slope Areawide United Way, joins Melissa Hund-Cerna, youth minister for Church of Saint Anne, Church of the Ascension and St. Mary’s Parish.
- Social Team: Brent Little, sales representative at Orgill, Inc., and Mallory Westby, customer service representative/collections officer at Bank of North Dakota, will fill the two incoming co-lead positions.